Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: another 1065 in lateral form

"An even harder test track is Janos Starker -- suite for cello solo no 4 BWV 1010"

Not to sound defensive, but I wasn't recommending it for sound quality. (Though I would recommend the above Ray Brown -- absolutely reference quality)

I was recommending it specifically for the immense difficulty of getting the sounds to integrate into a cohesive whole. As I mentioned, it is extremely hard to keep the sounds of his body and bow from splashing all over the room. It is recorded with three omni mikes as per this summary;

http://www.hdtracks.com/bach-j-s-suites-for-solo-cello-and-2-cello-sonatas

I have lots of Cello recordings which I prefer or which I would use as reference demo discs. I use this one for system set up and dialing in. It is truly a torture test for large planars. The reference in this case is how good can I get it compared to other set ups. Any problems and I get a disaster.

Here is another track which I recommend specifically for system set up. It is one I stumbled on while looking for something else. Yet it is simply the freakiest recording I have ever heard.

Ronnie Jacobsen Down in Mississippi.

The opening notes don't come from the front of the room. They emerge out of the rear left and rear right of the room. And this is still true if you turn and face the rear corners. I am not sure how this effect occurs. I am not sure if there is a Qsonic trick or what. Anyone else with streaming hear the effect? Anyone not hear it?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.