Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

3.6R cheap bi-amping-Thanks to ALL past and present

Picked up my pair of 3.6's locally last year, thinking that I'd eventually try to bi-amp using my (25 year) old Marchand XM9 crossovers, not really sure how I'd go about it.Before bi-amping, I did the HpW mod (external mid high-pass-ribbon bypass) with highly positive results. After a LOT of researching old posts on PA, and finding a tremendous amount of information, I went with using the active fourth-order Marchand on the bass panel and a PLLXO on the top (REL RTE polystyrene capacitors on the mid/high amp input)-not the standard arrangement with which I likely would have gone without external guidance. All I can say is that the results are remarkable-much better clarity, resolution, and authority in the bass. More importantly, all the glare and shrillness that had me considering selling these things is gone, gone, gone. So just wanted to thank everyone in the past who posted their experiences on this board, I couldn't have done it without you. Special kudos to Davey and Neolith.
Right now, money being tight, I'm using my secondary system's Musical Fidelity A3.5 integrated's power amp section (240W/4 ohms) as the second amp, but hope to acquire a Parasound A21 before too long.

Mark in NC
Mark in NC
"The thought that life could be better is woven indelibly into our hearts and our brains" -Paul Simon

Edits: 05/02/15 05/03/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - 3.6R cheap bi-amping-Thanks to ALL past and present - MWE 19:22:30 05/02/15 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.