Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I think #1 should read: "Bring the speakers out from the *front* wall 40% the length of the room." nt

But hey, the mention about the back wall in the original instruction might actually be correct:

"Have the speakers placed along the lengths of the room, about Ľ to 1/3 from the back wall, and Ľ the breadth roughly. Now walk slowly to and fro along the mid-line between the speakers, from one end of the room to the other and then back, may be several times to get the mind set (if the speakers are standing low, you may well have to crawl). Somewhere along the aisle, you would hear the sound getting louder and at the same time it rises above your head, filling the ceiling as if you've entered a Gothic church. Bingo, that is it, the focal point."

Think about it; if speakers are 1/2 to 1/3 from the back wall, BUT they are pointing against the front wall, you could then find the focal point for the speakers near the front wall. Then you just drag the speakers to the focal point, flip them around again pointing to the back wall, and that's where they should be. Am I right? The instruction is a bit vague, since it does not say anything about the direction that speakers are pointing on.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I think #1 should read: "Bring the speakers out from the *front* wall 40% the length of the room." nt - AkuAnkka 10:16:46 04/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.