Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: argent lenses and Maggies

Would you mind, GL, trying out the position that I found did a lot of good with my last setup. (It greatly increased soundstage depth.)

Even though you've got your ribbons on the outside, you'll be able to find a 'pathway' that goes from your ribbons ... reflects off the front wall ... and then goes to your ears. Put a Room Lens in this pathway - say, 6" to a ft off the wall.

I'm interested to know whether you get the deepening of soundstage that I - and others who came to listen - experienced.

BTW, I don't have "the real thing" - I found Jon Risch's DIY instructions on AA and followed those. So mine are made out of plumbing tube (with a black 'sock' over the 3 tubes, to keep wifey happy! :-)) ).

You should be aware that the length of a Helmholtz resonator is tuned to the height of the room - so the stock Room Lenses are optimised for a particular ceiling height. (What's the default ceiling height in the US?)

Re. what's inside - Jon Risch's instructions were to put a length of the 'polyfill'? stuff that goes into pillows into the tube - at a particular location.

Regards,

Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.