Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad ESL-63 owners: Please read and consider!

I am pretty sure stiffening the frames is something to pursue, and even if the actual stators are mounted with a strip of absorbent material between the stator and the frame, it would seem anything that adds mass and is able to absorb vibration would have a positive effect.

Kent's idea about Mye-stands is certainly true, but the Mye-stands don't do anything about raising the panel off the floor.

I suppose one could buy a pair of Mye-stands, then build a base that would provide the correct lift...in my case 14 inches to get the center of the panel at ear height.

Or one could build a Mye-stand knock off out of wood and include the base in the construct.

What the Mye-stand does is, effectively, stiffen the frame and not allow it to twist. This could be replicated out of solid wood, which would also provide a sink for vibration.

Kent...correct me if I am wrong.

All this is something I have been thinking about a good bit lately, hope we will all benefit.

Louis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.