Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I might be there, thanks JBen

Jim, re your "...to the point where with my eyes closed the room has no walls with a huge soundstage (that I'm used too). " That's what I call "wall-erasing" here.

And as you tweak things further, it may all get better still. Next, your eyes won't need to be closed anymore. Imaging of objects within the soundstage becomes so solid as to "overlay" you vision. Later, that solidity is so extended that you can turn your HEAD to "look" at items on the other side of the wall, without losing much of the perceived placement on the inside sections of the soundstage.

It can be subconsciously unnerving at times -- but mostly it's funny -- to aurally "see" things in my neighbor's apartment. This evening I am listening & evaluating bass stuff. So, it is mandatory to run Patricia Barber's "Companion" album. It has impressive bass routines and outstanding soundstaging. On the latter count, the piece "Touch of Trash" is now doing its usual 3D imaging dog & pony show, while ignoring the walls. Get it if you don'have it. It may help you laugh at the crowd who "think" they have 3D HDTV!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.