Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The MMG Harmonic Distortion Conspiracy Theory...mostly tongue-in-cheek, long

I'm not sure what the "cut to the chase" answer you're looking for is. You guys are the ones who had the firsthand experience, made the measurements, and determined the higher distortion. It's not clear to me what the cause of that issue is.....or whether it was an issue at all. I could make something up if you want. :)

Checking for delam....noting odd-placed staples....trying rope caulk....investigating better fastening. All good steps and that IS good relevant information. It's information that is interesting/valuable and helps to possibly narrow the issue. "Engineering dogma" were not my words....I hope you caught that.

Why is it so difficult for JBen to approach Magnepan discussions/postings without resorting to strawman arguments, or looking down his nose at my engineering discipline, or taking cheap shots at my hearing ability, or etc? It's a mystery to me.

I'm glad to help you guys if I can....and I don't having my technical statements and technical speculations questioned. But please don't insult my intelligence with the other stuff.

Cheers,

Dave.

Edits: 03/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.