Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The MMG Harmonic Distortion Conspiracy Theory...mostly tongue-in-cheek, long

I agree, on the "solutions" part. In fact, I had hoped you would ask from the start, instead of trying to dismiss the subject altogether. I shall get back to this later simply because it was part of the plan all along.

For now, let me just bring some some stuff that I deleted from the previous post, trying to keep it focused. I kept the separate draft which I shortened after pasting because a few things were already implied or because I -- mistakenly -- thought they would not be needed.

1. Original first sentences: For the record, we do believe that something is not quite right with that particular MMG. In fact, Old Guy 42 thought of the buttons long ago. We don't want to mess with them for now, so they have not been touched. We have looked into other areas, and even found other suspects elsewhere. But the buttons certainly remain a suspect.

2. Cut from further down:
"YOU may have accepted a high harmonic distortions as "inherent and expected" on many Maggies. Some others may also done so. That's fine if they know what they are buying into.

3. Further down:
However, others may only know that their speakers are not sounding as great as they expected, or glary, or too bass-poor, or too soft/bland, etc. Some of us can provide a wider range of diagnostic resources, along with ideas on how to deal with an issue.

4. Original closing:
If you want to bury your head under the ground because you can't tell or hear the difference, I have no qualms. If you want to ignore measurements because of your engineering application dogma, don't come implying that a reality is unproven. Above all, do not deny others a chance to learn. Ultimately, whether THIS ONE issue is a defect or it is part of the factory design, it is of less importance. There are now more resources for those willing to walk the extra mile and find things out. THAT is a more important thing.

Now, back to the replacement that I used for the paragraph above:
"Would you really mind if folks learned of a diagnostic resource? One which could also help many of them make their system sound much better?"

Please answer this simple question above.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The MMG Harmonic Distortion Conspiracy Theory...mostly tongue-in-cheek, long - JBen 09:09:16 03/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.