Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The MMG Harmonic Distortion Conspiracy Theory...mostly tongue-in-cheek, long

Evidently you missed the humor intent; fine -- I guess I'd starve as a comedian.

OTOH, there was that word: "mostly". I'll say this again so you don't miss the serious part:
- Magnepan did not feel it was a defect, nor did they admit it was. In fact, not even a solution or option was offered. "Gee, your MMGs are out of warranty but if you send the MMG to us at your cost, we'll have a look." or "Yes, send us the sweeps, let's take a look". Nothing of the sort was said. BTW, I am not really "accusing" Magnepan. Overall, they still do far better on customer service than many companies.

In addition -- to my knowledge -- there is NOT a widespread issue of OVERLY high distortion.

What there is, however, is the possibility that some folks are asking us for solutions to some problems that are really reflections of what happens to OG42's MMG, or other issues that measurements could catch.

Would you really mind if folks learned of a diagnostic resource? One which could also help many of them make their system sound much better?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.