Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Analysis Audio versus Magnepan

[Got a lucky lunch break sneak-out and saw this.]

I myself like to have the orchestra's spread 3D-imaged and wall-busting wide, behind the Maggies...and deep back outside the room, as may be needed in the recording. I take it that you want the closer feel to the stage, but probably still 3D-imaged inside the stage.

It sure ends up being partly psycho-acoustics but there are a few "non-standard" positionings that may achieve this for you. I think that most current participants in this thread have experimented with some of them. Stuff like the "Rooze" and parallel Maggies (almost like large headphones) plus many near-field variants may work. I would not be surprised if you already tested some. They are not practical in my room and thus, I am not experienced enough to provide useful input. (On regular positioning...I could be useful, and so would others here.)

OTOH, the ability to hold the stage elements themselves in 3D and textured modes is largely aided by the electronic feeds & electromagnetic fileds, not just speaker positionings. On that, I can share some useful stuff. And so can everyone on this thread already; you got the good "first responders" before I came in.

If you bring us up-to-date on the whole current system, room, and things tried already, I suspect you'll get 10 cents worth of effort back, with interest.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Analysis Audio versus Magnepan - JBen 10:18:58 03/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.