Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IF You own 20.1's and you biamp

I am bi-amping my 20.1's using a Marchand XM-44 2 way balanced, 2 Sanders amps a Magtech on the bass and an ESL on the mid-highs with a Veldyne DD-15 subwoofer. I had Phil set up my Marchand to match the stock values of Magnepan. he also sent me other cards with different values but I have never changed them.I have pre-set different values for my sub using the presets that Veloydyne provides. one mode comes in at 47Hz and another at 87Hz for those recordings lacking strong bass.

Unless your tri-amping i don't know why or how you can use a 3 way crossover but at best I am an engineering novice. I also like to listen at "live" levels at times I used to cook ribbons but since I bi-amped I only blow the occasional fuse. I did cook the midrange panel in one of my speakers but I removed it and shipped it to Magnepan in a home made crate, shipping was only around $100 but the panel repair was $1200 not happy.

Whit all that said I don't know of any way you can make them indestructible you just have to watch your volume which is hard to do at times but Magnepans are like fine instruments and you need to be careful since they are sooooo clean they never seem to be playing too loud, but I am in a large room which also makes a big difference.

I hope this helps..............

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.