Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I Own That Speaker...

and it's awfully pretty! My wife likes the Guitar I speaker just fine in our living room. She put up with the previous towers, but is happier about the Guitar. No one who comes over realizes they are speakers until shown, even when playing music softly; it's too much of a disconnect to think that guitars make that kind of sound. The dipole nature of the ESL component in the neck of the Guitar speaker causes a lovely ambience for multi-room listening between our kitchen and living room. The Bass is not up to par with mid-sized floor standing speakers, but has a nature more like a HE speaker with a lot of cabinet contribution. It has a built in amp, so I run mine with a Nuforce small integrated, and stream Sonos to it; works slick for casual listening. The one caveat is the wonderfully realistic tripod stands, which aid the appearance of it's being real, are far more tipsy than a standard tower speaker and I would not recommend this speaker to those with little children or big pets which might topple it. Other than that, a wonderful reimagining of a household speaker!

The Kingsound King III electrostatic I reviewed for Dagogo.com.

The King Tower omnidirectional is the sleeper of the bunch. The omni made an appearance at a couple of shows, but the distributor, Roger DuNaier at Performance Devices, decided to only distribute the panels. The Tower had some wretched blue foam balls between cabinet sections, which I immediately removed; the sound and appearance was enhanced. What a performer! I wish the tower were available to the public in N. America, because it's nothing short of sensational. These $5K speakers with subs can be made to sound competitive with big floor standers at several tens of thousands of dollars. If these had been marketed differently, shown properly in a showcase room with good electronics, I think they would have made a huge splash, and given fits to makers of magnetic panel speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I Own That Speaker... - Doug Schroeder 07:09:46 03/07/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.