Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Frankenpan Active X-Over points?

Thanks first for the posts. I presently set the crossover points to unlinked and as neolith suggested as the stock crossover points. If they need tweaking, I will experiment with them. Once I am satisfied with them, I will try exploring the DCX further and learn more about delay, time alignment etc. I studied this in the past when I was thinking of going to a full computer based crossover system, but it has been a while, so i need to brush up. This forum is a great place to learn things. I am very impressed with the level of knowledge of "inmates" and hope to be in a position to contribute more myself as I learn. I do have a Behringer mic for calibration so I will give that a try as soon as time permits and report back.
I also run a business which keeps me real busy so I cannot get back here as often as I would like, so please forgive delays in responses from me if that matters at all. I just learned that my new apartment is ready and inspected. I have been waiting patiently for this as it means that I will have a much more spacious area to use for the Maggies. It will not be a dedicated listening room, but it will be quite an improvement. The room is approximately 14' by 13' 6". The Maggies and equipment will be on the 14' wall. There will be very little furniture in the room and it will be placed against the far wall facing the Maggies. Hope it all works out well. The apartment walls are sound proofed so I do not have to worry about disturbing the neighbors. They did an awesome job with the construction. They included ethernet cabling in the walls as well. As an IT Consultant/Network Analyst, that means a lot to me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.