Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: That is quite the line-up GL...

Thanks for the compliment Mark ;)

I'm one of the few who actually consider the Adcom 555 to be a good match with the quasi ribbon line of maggies. In terms of separation, positioning, depth, this amp blew my mind. Granted, the audio gods all have to come to an agreement provided you have the adequate space and good source.

I actually bought another one within the past year but it arrived dead in one channel. It was sold by some guy's wife who tried to convince me it's intended to be that way and I had no clue what a mono amp was. Once I calmed myself down and explained to her this was my 3rd triple nickle, and yes- you can run it mono, but it's designed to be two channel stereo, she finally relented and agreed to return it. After dozens (if not a hundred or so) ebay transactions, that proved to be the worse. In any event I think I might grab another in the future; perhaps one with the black gate upgrades. They pop up every now and then; often at a good price.

The Jeff Rowland was the sweetest and longest lasting amp I've owned (with the exception of the Sansui integrated which I held on to -if only for sentimental reasons- 20 plus years). The caps on the Sansui finally gave out and I ended up trashing it. I sold the Rowland when I took a contracting job overseas.

The Emotiva's are a sleeper and truly perform well above their price mark.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That is quite the line-up GL... - Green Lantern 11:10:57 02/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.