Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: P 5 bass management to biamp 4 channels?

Very helpful

Thank you

FYI: The 3.5s are true ribbons, with separate bass panels

FYI, originally I had the 3.5s near the same plain as the Swans, as I moved them farther away the bass integrated better. But when I turned them horizontally, I got substantial bass reinforcement

Keep in mind that the area from the Swans to my front wall is 6'8" x 19 wide with a 10' peak to the vaulted open-beam ceiling. Beyond this area another 24' x 19, all wide open- no back wall coupling to take advantage of. Adding to the problem, the entire 'back wall' is windows floor to ceiling which wrap back 7 and 9ft toward the middle of the room.

Getting music to sound right 'here' is a challenge

It is when I moved the 3.5s closer to the front wall that the bass solidified and integrated.

It appears the P5 provides volume with the bass management. That alone should help integration considerably. And i does provide several XO points

To solve the independent l/r bass controls how about 2 P5s, each in mono? Still pretty reasonable price-wise

FYI the Swans are biwired, so no problem taking the bass out at all. I suppose I could try integrating the P5 bass management on them as well;)

Eventually, I will try the 3.5s full-range, by themselves, vertically in their normal position.

It is clear now that the P3 just wasn't potent enough for this room. It is/was better than any passive pres I tried, both transformer and trans-less

I am working on a preliminary review, which I will post in AA Review area soon

Edits: 02/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.