Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: JBen can squeeeeeze the most of a pair of MMG's...

F8

First, I am a big used guy...So, MSRP verse what I actually paid is quite a big difference...

Many guys like the Emotive offerings...

I own Mye Audio Stands as many of us do...Grant, is a great guy with a very high quality product...He will tell the bigger the Maggie the greater the improvement...I would never want to take any of his business away...but starting out, IMHO I do not think buying those stands would be your best bang for your buck...a little better amp might be the way to go...Wyred for Sound and Bel Canto are two very nice class D amps, that can be had used at that sub $1500-$600 range...

I started in this hobby after running live sound part-time for 15 years...My brother is a singer song writer and just cut his first full album this last week...lesserhasbeensmusic.com...so I get the critical ear thing, completely...hence why I own Maggies...they deliver goose-bumps...

If OOMPH is what you are looking for...in my head that means bass...then add a sub...

As you know Maggies like watts...good luck on your journey...
Thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: JBen can squeeeeeze the most of a pair of MMG's... - Mark Man 20:20:45 02/19/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.