Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: JBen can squeeeeeze the most of a pair of MMG's...

JBen / Mark , et all - thanks for the great intel and assistance. I really appreciate your time and experience as I am a budget audiophile trying to constantly get champagne on a beer budget.

i wish I could get into the 2-3k amp range - sadly that's going to be a few years. I had another inmate email me and mention he thought the Emotiva might be a lateral move from the Adcom - he said they had similar circuitry / components. He also suggested - for the cost - that I look at Mysestands and might get more of an upgrade in sound quality over going with better stands... based on some other comment soon forums it seems this could be a better way to spend 5-600 dollars maybe (?).. can't remember how much Myestands are.

Also - One of you asked about my desires overall with the system... I am a musician with a fairly critical ear.. The way I listen to music is emotional, yet "scientific" - I derive enjoyment from hearing individual detail of each instrument, separation, yet also need the "power" to some from the speakers..., I like "oomph" coupled with sonic clarity. My tastes are greatly varied but I can say alternative / indie rock, jazz, reggae and classic rock are all daily occurrences. I crave great recordings and amazing production.

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.