Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Strong tight tuneful

A basement, what a great idea! Oh, wait. We dig down a couple of inches and we hit the water table here in South Florida. Lucky you!

Long long ago, when I was in high school (a music school) I built my first stereo and played it loud with the bedroom windows open. One day my father offered that I could move to the basement and have it all to myself. So, I did.

In one of the strangest discoveries of my life, I then heard from our closest neighbor. They lived at least 200ft away. He said that he missed my music since I moved to the basement. As it turned out, he liked the classical music I played -- more so my Carmina Burana LP -- and a few of my Mantovani records, plus Burt Bacharach and also Herp Albert & Tijuana Brass.

Oh, my (now "music-less") neighbor...I helped him buy a good audio system. Then he got for free some HUGE leftover monitor speakers from a recording studio that closed down. These speakers delivered the first ever TRULY LOW bass I ever heard. You would have loved the experience. I certainly did.

Edits: 02/20/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Strong tight tuneful - JBen 20:45:40 02/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.