Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Crown amps

There are series with plain jane class D - with DSP and without DSP low power (and often multichannel) for fixed installations and with fans and without fans.

The i series of amplifier lines use a newer proprietary Crown switching technology and output stage that supposedly has inherently eliminated crossover distortion. Pass the salt please... The macrotech I series appears to be the more refined product line and starts with the 5000 (My linear 5002VZ used to be the top of the high power line) which does 2.5kw/ch @4ohms the top one is the 12000 with the proportional specs. While the linear 5000 was just under $4k street, the new ones take $5k.

The bottom of the i technology line is in the XTI series of PA amps starting with the 1002 500 watts stereo @4 ohms and $500 price tag

The CDi series is of interest for us for low impedance and special voltage demands. I don't think it uses the i tech. It is a bit more expensive than the XTI ones.

The current Com Techs (CTS) are class AB and i tech depending on whether you use the constant voltage or low impedance outputs.

Next up is the i tech HD models which seem not much different from the Macrotech i series.But that the i techs have onboard DSP, while DSP is an add on option for the Macros. The Macros are serious touring amps, and the new ones outdo the old linear Macros according to reviews and field reports. They are built to a higher standard

The basic i tech was the it4000 at 2kw into 4 ohms but now it is the it5000 HD

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.