Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Modifying Green Lantern's 3.5 stands for MG3a's

I think you probably would need a good clamp; one that will affix to the end of the arm and grab the stiles good and sturdy. If you search Amazon for clamps it will give you a good starting point. Attaching the clamp to the arm would be the tricky part though.

The original point of my design was to have one that could return it to it's original form without holes, scratches, or any type of alteration.

I think using a clamp with perhaps a layer of rubber on each side would accomplish the same. Or, even a block of wood perhaps 4"x2" with the middle routed out to 'slide' into the stile (birds-eye view of the block would resemble a 'U' shape and again, layered with rubber); the block is then attached to the arm. This would ensure the unit would be returned to it's original state later if needed.

Otherwise you could very well drill into the stiles but this could potentially diminish future resale value IMO.

Grant's stands accomplish this task on my 20s magnificently, I won't reveal how, but no alteration is done.

Again- good luck!

Edits: 02/13/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.