Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Building a room for my Magnepans

I apologize perhaps I didn't explain my original post very well.

My room dimensions reflect that I did not use the 3 2 1 ratio. I also didn't think it was the way to go. I used the Cardas golden ratio for my room dimensions.

Picture guy. In order to make the walls more rigid I could do one of two things.. Do 16" on center studs with two layers of drywall, or 8" on center with a single layer of drywall....so I went with double studs and single layer of drywall. The rest of my house has 16" on center studs :)

I am using the Roxull sound proofing BEHIND the drywall to keep the sound inside the room. I am not putting the Roxull on the surface of the drywall inside the room.

So do some of you not agree that I should use the roxull in my walls and ceiling behind the drywall?? I was understanding that is the way to go for several reasons. Please explain if you disagree......

Also, Pictureguy, I am not understanding what you mean. I built one long wall 1" off square. So as you measure towards the back of my room it will move out very slightly. Showing an inch wider in the back then in the front(behind my speakers)
My Pronouns are: Conservative, Patriot and Two Turntables

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.