Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yes, I remember you stating just that on several occasions

Yes, and since virtually everything is programmed, setup is minimal. Changing from one model to another is as simple as loading the new data.
Tooling, however, must STILL be monitored and changed on a regular basis. If you wait for a bad part due to worn tooling, you've waited too long.
2 or 3 guys in the woodshop? For current needs that's about right. Maybe the high or higher number when doing a change of model or the small number just when running with a fixed setup.
Care must be taken with MDF depending on the exact type and grade. NO sitting your coffee cup on the pile!
A real frame-building woodshop? More complicated and just the parts count with wood screws, glue, design and engineering and so forth REALLY add time and costs. And I know Magnepan would want to test a few designs if only for quality and durability. The additional time and manufacturing steps of just the frame would have to be TIMED so the frame reaches final assembly at the RIGHT TIME to mate with its drivers.
OH! and don't forget PACKING. I'm sure some changes would happen there, too.

The list is long, but not quite endless. But just wait until you get the BILL.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yes, I remember you stating just that on several occasions - pictureguy 13:14:54 02/08/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.