Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Sparky is a special boy....

Your killing me Dr. Strange-tweak...

I am more of digital guy so on the Sparky index...I am going to stick to 1's and 0's...

5's...what is an op-amp?

My soldering gun was confiscated by President W. Diller of the Maggie nation...

One more flame thrower story...early 90's helping a friend do some roofing...got some tar on my pants, so I soaked them in gas, through them in the laundry tub, ran the hot water...added some Tide and bleach...so lets recap...

Gas + Bleach + Tide = 911

After I added the bleach, the suds disappeared and it all started to bubble...the hot water was still running, so when the very close gas hot heater kicked in it went WHOOOOMMMMPPPHHH...the flames shot across the floor, up the side of laundry tub...(as I was standing in my undies and saw the flame shoot across the floor...I was heading for the door)...when it blew, it singed all the hair off the back of my legs and a pretty good patch on the back of my head...I dialed 911...

By the time the fire truck got there...the plastic laundry tub had melted and black smoke was coming out of the 3rd story window of this townhome...the tub fire had gotten hot enough to melt the solder on the copper pipes, so the whole basement was flooded and seeped into the neighbors basement...

The real rub of this tale...it was my COUSINS townhouse and he was renting to me a very discounted rate...it is an Italian thing...I had no renters insurance and my cousin is a lawyer...well...I bought new carpeting for the neighbors and paid for all painting and carpeting in my cousins townhome...we are still good friends and his kids love that story...

So now I walk around like Buddhist Monk...

"Tell us what you have learned Dorothy"...Uncle Sparky does not play with electricity or fire...I won't even light a fart...(yes that does work)...

It will be interesting when your 10" woofers are up and running...you make tweaking fun...as Maggie owners, the challenges of adding bass that blends is something that I personally have not been able to achieve as of yet...I am currently not interested in the DWM's, I want low bass where the 3.7i's don't go...

Thanks again Jben...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sparky is a special boy.... - Mark Man 19:56:25 02/06/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.