Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: DAMN-IT, NEO...I AM A DOCTOR NOT AN...

And the fun continues! So Sparky Mark it is? LOL, you are going to kill me for what follows (though Neo is really the one to blame, always is :-))

I just got home and , surprise, the Chinese-built filters I ordered for the "low pass" circuits on the "other project" had arrived! They look as basic and as useful as I hoped. Furthermore, they should be quite "tweakable". This, even for many a non-experienced "ELECTRICIAN", if one ever gets interested, LOL!

Well, as I thought about this, something else came to mind. As we progress with the experimental project -- and determine what others could do -- you Mark could contribute with an "index of ease" or "Sparky Index"?
Some examples:
-- Sparky Index 0: Easy, just plug in or install batteries
-- Sparky Index 1: Easy, just raise the volume, slowly
-- Sparky Index 5: Caution, pull the Op-amp from socket but DISCHARGE STATIC first!
-- Sparky index 9: Caution, call 911 before pluging in solder gun!
-- Sparky Index 10: Crap, I told ya', FLAME THROWER ALERT!

Anyway, this stuff arrived now but I'll be traveling most of this weekend and all of next one. I'll have very little time to fool around with the "new toys".

Which is safer for my Maggies. In fact...had they had ribbon tweeters, my experimental blunders would have blown them every other week. So, you don't really have the exclusive...just a really nice new brand for the ability, Sparky Index!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.