Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

DAMN-IT, NEO...I AM A DOCTOR NOT AN...

E L E C T R I C I A N...

Thanks for lobbing that in there...too easy...

The 1.6 "tragedy" was witnessed by my friend the engineer, who will do the 3.7 surgery, to this day he laughs out loud every time we talk about it...

It was the bridge cap, (?), at the inductor...I had cranked the volume, showing off, when all of sudden there was weird burning smell...then this very black smoke...followed by FLAMES out of both sides...I ran across the room, dropped to my knees, clapped my hands together, with the 1.6 in-between...it did NOT stop burning right away...in fact at that point the speaker fabric started to burn...it was about a 20-30 second "event", but it felt like time stood still...

As far as the Spark (y), nickname goes...I had allot of energy as a kid...duh...some might even say I was the poster child for ADHD...back in the 70's it was known as hyper...add a little dyslexia...I was pretty much a hot mess...

When I graduated from college and I did graduate, my Mother said..."I did not expect this to happen"...with tears in her eyes...my response was..."thanks Ma, for that vote of confidence"...when I was in high school, she kept pushing the army for me..."I think the army would you some good"...

Thanks again Neo...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.