Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: mmg's up and running

My experience with NIB 1.6s was that breakin consisted of CAPACITOR FORMING within the first 20 hours. You MIGHT hear artifacts of that like image shifting side-to-side and abrupt level changes.
After that? 50 to 100 hours, sort of depending on level and source material, to finish getting the BASS right. The mylar would appear to stretch A LITTLE and you are done.

Bright HF is a subset of SETUP. My 1.6s are happiest with the speakers 'crossing' behind me. I sit about 11 feet from the speaker and they cross about 16feet behind me. ALSO, tweeters IN or OUT will play into this. You should experiemnt with that before trying resistors or chokes or a seance.

If the speakers stood STRAIGHT UP, I'd also be tempted to experiment with the Pole Piece TO the listener. That's the way Maggies WERE probably a decade and a half or more ago. All Maggies these days are MYLAR to the listener, except for the Push / Pull versions like the 20 series.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: mmg's up and running - pictureguy 19:00:14 02/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.