Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: update on the Al Sekela tweak

Let me try and simplify this for you.
Here's a bit of Davey audio philosophy for you. "Just because something sounds good, doesn't mean it's working right." (Think about that for a while.) :)
Is that a concept you can wrap your head around?

I'm actually laughing as I type this because on this forum fellas like Satie always accuse me of being the hard-nosed objectivist who won't consider off-the-wall ideas. Yet, in this instance, I'm the open-minded one (considering all aspects) and other members have their heads in the sand. How funny is that?

You have to turn loose of this romantic notion that you're placing on your equipment and think about it more objectively. Sure, you embrace the emotional aspect your audio system can evoke......and subjective evaluation certainly has its place too......but always keep real-world common sense operating in your mind as well.

You've heard me say this before, but I'll say it again. Subjective evaluation is, by definition, incontrovertible. You will never hear me say that you're not hearing what you're hearing. You've mentioned a couple of times that I've said that....I absolutely have not! You HAVE to stop with the straw man arguments. Or if not, consider venturing into politics. :)

Cheers,

Dave.

Edits: 02/01/15 02/01/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.