Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: update on the Al Sekela tweak

Who's hiding it? Certainly not me. I'm only highlighting the technical aspects of it. Find me a post where I told anyone not to try it.
Now it's pharmaceuticals and cars that are the analogy? More analogies, more straw men. You HAVE to get away from that. :)

And you seem to be implying that I'm dissing Al personally in some way. I suggest to read my posts again, and re-read them two or three times if you need to. This silly knee-jerking defensive reaction is tiresome. As I mentioned before, I chatted with Al offline a number of times. He was a nice guy. This forum misses him.

You didn't answer my question regarding why the "choke tweak" has not been working for some users. Do you have an opinion on that, or is "just try it, it's cheap" your standard answer for everything? I have a possible explanation.......are you interested in hearing it?

There is almost always a bona fide technical explanation for differences we hear when changing components/aspects of our systems. I know that it's fun to talk about the subjective aspects of audio. A synergistic component combination.....the magic quality to the midrange of speaker X.....the musicalness of valve amp Y....the improved 3D layering....etc, etc. But most of that is just nebulous nonsense that has a simple explanation.

It really is no big deal. This is trivial when you think about it. We're not abusing animals here......nobody's dying or being stricken with a horrible disease.....your house hasn't caught on fire......great amounts of money are not being spent on a crazy hobby...oh wait.

In case you haven't figured this out yet.....this choke tweak back/forth is just a very small example of an inherent issue that exists in much of the customer base of the "high-end" audio industry. It's very easy for folks to get side-tracked with their thinking on certain aspects of this crazy business. You HAVE to remain objective and get yourself back on course if you get deflected. I know from experience....believe me! Feeding the audiophile ego is dangerous.....especially when it's your own. :)

Cheers,

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.