Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Jben is all about that bass...about that bass...

Hey Jben

Thank you for the in-depth description, always interesting and informative...I was wondering on how and what type of signal you were going to get to an amp...then the amp it self...

I look forward to hearing how things are going as you progress with this project...early signs look very promising...

IHMO, that is a very impressive plot. Your MMG's go as low, if not lower than my 3.7's...

I have really gotten spoiled by that Maggie bass...My Monitor Audio FB 210's worked great with the 1.6's, but really just did not cut it with the 3.7's...Yes, you are correct MORE bass is not necessarily mean better bass...we have all been exposed to systems that have some monster subs and the owners or dealers are smiling as things are shaking...no hint of musicality, but you can "feel" it...

The picture is the Calix Phoenix, I heard these at CES 2002, ($85K back then). These produced bass the likes I had not heard before...they were playing this very delicate traditional Japanese music, this gong came in and a very large animal skin drum...that drum resonated through my whole body...the guys I was with we all looked at each other smiled and went whoa...you could hear that mallet they hit the drum with, was also covered in some type of skin...there was skin on skin thwack that was palatable...very cool...

As I have said in the past, with condo living, I am not looking to add subs in the near future...I am currently looking at Music servers and DACS...I want my CD collection controllable via Ipad...I move pretty slow in this hobby...I am going to try and get to Chicago for the Axpona Show in April...

As always Jben...great stuff...
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.