Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Enough Current?

It appears that these caps are similar to us humans. John McCain approaching 79 and Ron Paul 80 years of age both sought perhaps the most demanding job in the world, PUSA. Had not McCain run for office along with that dingbat, he might have been our president. Other people youger than either of those two persons crap out at younger ages.

That gotten off my chest, my current pre-amp, an Adcom GFP-565, developed a problem after all these many years of never having failed me (it does get almost daily use). No problem, I'm able to listen to line level sources like my CDs without any friggin pre-amp until the 565 comes back from a repair shop. Nonetheless and just for kicks I wanted to listen to some LPs, so I hauled out my ancient ARC SP-3-A-1, which hadn't been used in a coon's age and connected its main output into a Parasound Zpre (used for a different purpose) and you can guess what I'm about to write. It performed perfectly, ~43 years old and never even having seen the light of a day in a very long time. That's not to imply other electronic components can all be expected to behave similarly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Enough Current? - Norman M 09:36:26 01/23/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.