Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Xo1 for tympani 4

Well what I tried last night for 4 hours was both of my dBm crossovers with unsatisfactory results I don't know what type of roll off they use but the cutoff was to noticeable and if I dropped the high pass lower than 400Hz the sound was noticeable strained besides the fact that the high end sizzle was muted thru the electronic crossovers so since I'm not using my bass panels and I'm running custom made 5 cubic foot cabinets I made with jbl 2235s I used the factory crossover for the high end and I over lapped the electronic one a little over 400hz and adjusted the levels so the 15s would disappear keeping my sound stage where it was with the only difference being a lot bigger sound over all and slightly very slightly muddied bass but solid all the way down to 30hz where the cabinets are tuned.My prior set up was with the bass panels and two infinity servo subs that set was nice but always lacked the lower mid bass still want to try the capacitor and run the 15s and see if there is any improvement

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Xo1 for tympani 4 - dnasty 15:52:59 01/20/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.