Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Interaction with a class D amplifier?

I'm hiding a story now? I have some sinister agenda to bad-mouth Al's memory? You must be kidding.

I had a number of offline conversations with Al regarding this topic....but mostly about bi(tri)-amping and his reluctance to even consider trying it. I even offered to customize one of my active crossover units and send to him for an unlimited evaluation. He declined.

I found him to be a really nice guy and enjoyable to chat with but just not that intellectually curious about some of the technical aspects. Nothing wrong with that.....he's not alone in that regard. But underlying, I never had a sense he wasn't 100% enthused about his audio interest. I respect that.

He also had enough respect for me that we could agree to disagree on our audio outlook. If, in your mind, you think I'm attempting to soil/damage his reputation, then I think the problem is looking at you in the mirror. Mature people can have meaningful discussions on topics in which they disagree. Sadly, that doesn't appear to be possible with you.
I haven't said anything here regarding this "choke tweak" that I didn't say when Al was still with us.

I sense the same audio enthusiasm in you that Al had but, unfortunately, some of the same closed-mindedness with regards to the technical details.
It's obvious I'm not going to be the one to convince you to consider the larger picture when evaluating audio gear. That's fine, maybe somebody else will have better luck.

Cheers,

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.