Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Interaction with a class D amplifier?

Davey, you are in denial. And once again, you are twisting what I said.

Of all the people here, I am one of the few who care to try and reconcile perceptions with measurements. Spare me the excuses; real-world objective measurements are key to fine tuning an audio system, despite the limitations.

I have just spent over 4 glorious hours listening to 2 modded MMG's play full orchestral music alone. Music poured grandly, full of real instrumental textures, of superb 3D positioning, on a huge, larger-than-room stage, with arresting orchestral richness & inner detail. I've enjoyed chromatic delicacy in a wide and dynamic range that covers almost ribbon-tweeter top transparency down to almost sub-woofer territory bass. These are Maggies that shake things, that slam without a subwoofer, that can make you dance to impactful rhythm and can make you cry with tuneful delight. I could go on and on describing in detail the virtues of this system and the specific attributes with each type of music. I can still taste the rushing flavor of the experience, while lamenting that I live in an apartment. It is past midnight but I would have loved to keep listening like, forever.

This system is largely not of my own making and not due to much virtue of my own. I just accepted the input from others, evaluated it subjectively and, when practical, TESTED objectively by measuring it. A very substantial portion of the delightful sound that I now enjoy is due to Al Sekela's advice long ago. And it was not just the chokes, BTW, other ideas of his were very useful.

Therefore, I can't stay quiet and allow you to soil his reputation simply because you fear testing the ideas. Or because engineering has still not found all the explanations that you seek.

So, here's the deal, show me the beef. Davey, walk the talk, SHOW US YOUR REAL-LIFE ACOUSTIC MEASUREMENTS. Imperfect as you may call them, they will certainly tell a good part of the story that you seem to be hiding.

OR....at least help us to understand that you can FEEL the music emanating from your system. If your system were sounding as great as your engineering knowledge suggests, we would hear about. You would share the delight, the pride and the overwhelming urge to tell about it. At least something! Like telling us about a certain musical experience every now and then. Many of us have such a moment frequently and often ache to share it. I can't find any indication of it ever happening to you. Clearly, something is amiss.

If you are to try and disqualify Al Sekela, I will take delight, and my time, to undo some damage. I owe to him a decent effort to that effect. To those who have ears to hear it will be shown by the music, not by engineering formulas.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.