Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Interaction with a class D amplifier?

"Well, test it."
How can I test YOUR setup? :) You've completely lost focus on the issue. I'm talking about variables that could be different for every single setup out there. Isn't that obvious by this point? My goodness.

Since you won't go back and review the discussion Al and I had regarding this, try going back over the last few months and review the discussions you and I had regarding this. Take note of the suggestions I made to you regarding testing without acoustic or listening tests.......both of which are fraught with variables.

I will stipulate the 10uH coil effect is right there at the top of the audio band. Some variables can certainly come into play when you get that close. However, the theoretical numbers don't lie.....Neo has shown you those. Apparently you don't believe them?

Also, consider the possibility this whole issue has nothing to do with RFI and the audible result is simply the low-pass filtering action of the coil reducing out-of-band behavior in the tweeters. Al never even considered that. :) Materials science might be a fun topic to venture into. :)

I know you want to believe this is all so simple and "if it sounds good do it" is all the evaluation required, but I ALWAYS consider the big picture (worst-case) in all situations. Maybe that makes me overly risk-averse.....if so, I'm comfortable with that. In my day job, and also with audio gear, I don't believe in playing fast and loose with the engineering. Sorry.

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.