Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: the late Al Sekela's choke tweak and True ribbon tweeter

Davey, in your first post in this thread you said:
"An attenuating resistor actually lowers the signal level in the tweeter range.....a 10uH inductor does not." (my italics)

Then, I just showed that a calibrated MICROPHONE, not just my head or my ears, can sense the changes by the 10uH choke, within the audible range. I also showed that even chokes of the same value but different design may yield different results. So, I already presented some real-world data to partly account -- again, for PART OF -- what may affect perception. I took these measurement in 2009, not now. They were not the only ones I made, just what I posted then. You just said to Neo: "But if you measure something that simply shouldn't be there it warrants a raised eyebrow and further investigation." Well, I agree. I did some due diligence and conducted other tests. I no longer have the measurements of real-world phase response and group delay that I once made but they suggested ways in which perceived benefits could be real. I even had several chokes matched for true value because they DO vary from nominal value.

Who, then, is "so hard over in his defensive posture that he appears incapable of even considering alternative explanations"?

(coming soon, a reply to what you just posted while I wrote this one)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: the late Al Sekela's choke tweak and True ribbon tweeter - JBen 15:22:24 01/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.