Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Curious Maggies vs Ohm speakers

I owned the OHM F's in the early 1980's but lived in a losft with no space consgtraint ...About 6 years ago I went down to BKLYN to hear them where they are manufactured....I think they are considerably better than when I owned the, having added a tweeter and materials that make them more efficient and smoother. I own the 1.7's Maggies. I came close to buying a pair right before the later came out. I preferred several OHM model to an unmodified 1.6's...I prefer the 1.7's to comparative models that were designed to occupy the same room space. Price wise at the time with the OHM sale it would have not been the determining factor...At the time I n longer owned the amps that would work with the OHMS and that would have added a considerable cost. In the end I need high current amps for the Maggies but it was trade off I was not aware of. Their omni sound is wonderful. Planers too, create a wide sound stage but are more particular in placement.There are several European speakers that have borrowed their technology selling a huge prices.I like them both.: they do different things but each does them well(Ohm has a very robust bass and a great spatial presence).For a NYC apt the Maggies have worked well for me.(More detailed for the music that I listen to.) Good luck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.