Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Although I offer no solution you might be happy with, I empathize.

Grant,

I had considered the MMGWs a while back because the size is closer to ideal (this was before the Minis were around) but I became disinterested when I saw the specs. To be honest I never heard them, but on paper there were not enough lows or highs... So I looked at the MGMC1s which were (again, on paper) fine on the highs but didn't go low enough for me to cross at 60hz. I always loved the sound and range of my SMGbs, so I figured why not hack up some MMGs as they are basically thinner and more refined versions of that.

I am about 80% 2 channel music and 10% movies, which leaves the final 10% for SACD and DVD-A multichannel music, and for that more than for movies is why I wanted the frequency range. Reading your comments on the MMGWs just reassures me that I made the right choice skipping over the MMGWs as your opinion is highly regarded in the audio community.

As a disclaimer, I do understand the application and the merit of the MMGW, as it would probably blow away the sound quality of 99% of consumers' systems for an affordable price. But we here are like the 1% of the audio world, and are perhaps a bit off the deep end.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Although I offer no solution you might be happy with, I empathize. - methylmarty 18:03:55 01/09/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.