Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Modding Tympani IV- basses?

Tube amps for 2 ohms: Most of the KR audio amps. Some of the Beards, Audio Innovations has 2 ohm taps on some versions of the model 1000. And there are others. Besides you can put an autoformer between the amp and the load.

I appreciate the L505 and unless your source is restricted to redbook digital or entry level vinyl you are likely to not lose much in going for an Ncore or Wyred 4 Sound, or Bel Canto class D amps, or Nuforce whatever you want to call their amp type. It also depends on your speaker. My Vandy 2C would never have shown up the difference. My JBL Centuries would never have shown it either. With the NS1000 berilium tweeeters I put in them they definitely did show up such differences. E.G. I bought a Rotel Pre and Power amp and borrowed the integrated from the same series. I kept the integrated and returned the separates since I could not find an interconnect that made them work better than the integrated. The dealer suggested an interconnect that cost nearly as much as the power amp, I didn't even try it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Modding Tympani IV- basses? - Satie 20:17:36 12/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.