Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Congratulations! You Are One of the Few...

who have creativity, the space and the gumption to try the unorthodox setup! I'm sure you have a radically different experience using the horizontal bass panel application. I would guess it's quite striking in terms of sonics.

I have used the Daedalus Ulysses speakers (now for sale) in a Landscape Orientation, and similar to your experience, the radical adjustment to the sound is remarkable. Pay no attention to mockers or naysayers; they haven't tried it, and they often overweight the negatives of the alternative setup, dismissing its unusual strengths. My guess is you feel you've hit the jackpot in terms of low end presence for a rig without $50-100K speakers. :)

The good thing about your idea is that the additional (sub)woofers/panels would easily be fast enough to not occlude the mains. The additional bass information not coming from a cabinet might ease the contributions of box colorations.

I have no doubt it's like a DAC upgrade. Even better is if, like the Ulysses, the speakers have an attenuation adjustment switch for the treble. Then you can really dial it in. You would know as well, I'm sure, that you could use cables to do similar in terms of tonality achieved between the bass panels and mains.

Kudos on a good alternative system!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.