Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggie 3.6 and Pioneer SW8 MK2 Subwoofers

Pete, your room is too big for these to do what you want of them. Besides that they roll off too high up - there is not headroom in the degree of extension. My room is smaller than yours, and my semi modded vandy 2C into subs did not entirely do the trick filling bass in. Those have an 8" aura neo driver AND a 10" driver. I have a stronger set of 130+ oz 10" drivers to fit in if and when they are called on to work.

So I don't expect two 8" drivers to get you there. Not in such a big space. The drivers would have to be really powerful and have substantial Xmax that are rare in drivers costing less than $100 each at 8".

You can try those out without a great loss since the sale is quite a discount. So if you must then buy a pair with the expectation that you will either want to swap them for something bigger later on or that you will need to start stacking them with additional pairs to fill in the missing deep bass.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggie 3.6 and Pioneer SW8 MK2 Subwoofers - Satie 07:35:15 12/09/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.