Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tympani 1-D, IIIa tweeter and custom foil mids using DCX2496

Sorry, ancient memory, IIRC it was the 1 U that was 8 ohms????

Sounds like a good alternative. But if you like the Behringer then the add on Rane or Ashly XO is peanuts off of Craigslist.

Either of your power amp ideas is good. Should do fine. I just would avoid having a multichannel amp do both bass and mids or tweeters, particularly tweeters. So having the ADA on the IIIa bass seems the better idea.

I wish I could listen to something like the Behringer, but the sound it produces rubs me the wrong way. It is really hard to do decent digital, not to speak of good digital. Keeps me away from miniDSP and even TaCT and DEQX. Restored vintage 82 Japanese TT/cart outdoes all the digital I have heard. My DAC outdid an EAD 7000 that had been tweaked out. And I thought it was pretty good. The PS Audio DSD was a revelation to me, I didn't think we would get there before my ears give out from old age. We are doing the PS Audio DSD on my setup next week after the new upgraded firmware that got so much buzz. Hopefully that will open up the possibility of a digital future for me other than as second choice just to access newer recordings. I would so much like to EQ and time align everything digitally.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.