Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Good question...no good answers...

I have had MMG's a couple of times through the years...

these are just some of my personal preferences...

1. I never liked the tilt back...always replaced the legs so they were straight up and down...(I have taken a torch to existing legs and straightened them up, smelly stuff, outside or garage)...(quick and dirty wood legs are easy enough also, which you can put in some height adjustment)

2. When sitting I preferred them elevated anywhere from 8"-18", room dependent...(Michaels Arts and Crap store carries these crates, see pic...that are easy to cut down in height and you can always put a cheap cutting board on top for a speaker plinth, if not wide enough...

3. I did mess with them when I and GF, too were laying on the floor, never sounded as good like when sitting, but did improve when tilting them down...Distance from them did make a difference also...

4. I have also hung them from the ceiling when I was using a pair as a center channel in an HT set-up...worked "OK" for HT only, also tilted down towards listener...

As long as they are not bolted to the floor...play with them...many happy accidents to discover...

Inmate JBEN, is a MMG Guru, IMHO and in his own head, good dude and has tried it ALL...he usually pipes in when he sees MMG post...Pavlov's Dog... or Ping him if need be...

Also I always recommend to search the tweaks section and FAQ's...lots of meat and potatoes there...

Welcome to the Flat Head Nut-house!!! Many really good and smart inmates who share freely their knowledge and experiences...(I am not part of that group)...

With the moniker of Psycho...you will fir right in...
take care
good luck
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.