Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Modding Tympani IV- basses?

The second issue besides wall loading, which demands face forward placement is the long wave resonance reinforcement, short wall non-reinforcement and the tangential wave resonance which is the deepest freq. in the room's resonances, and one you very much want. Wings won't provide you with those.

My brother in law who is a Jazz contrabass player when he isn't a network security trainer and dad, was taken with the bass reproduction with the wall loaded face forward setup. He just went on mumbling "the bass..." with every kick drum whack and bass riff.

You can get more of it with wings but not all of it. You can also use a subwoofer.

I suggest you try an equidistant setup with all 1st order slopes when you have your triamp electronics ready and try it out. Just make sure you have a shelf down on the tweeter a couple of octaves below your tweeter high pass. There is more than just time alignment at play. You can move the panels willy nilly say a few inches each and time align on DEQX and hear that the results are not the same.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.