Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Thank you for the kind words...right bact at-cha...

I appreciate your insights on the bi-wiring...My 1.6's were bi-wired and it was an improvement, but not as significant as what you have described...

In my own head, the more resolving your speakers are, the more noticeable small or any changes become...

I have done the cable test for people, (mostly non-Audiophiles), switch one cable in the chain and ask can you hear the difference...I have never had someone say they did not hear a difference...

Side bar: Maybe it is a Minnesooota thing, or a Maggie thing because of their size, but friends and family asking "what did those cost???" and that would apply to the Maggies and rig in general...kind-of a pet peeve of mine...my standard answer is: "it is a Harley or Boat you can use year around"...(most of them have one or the other sitting in their garage), that they can ONLY use 3-4 months out to the year...that is something they can wrap their head around...then I show them the cost of Odin's or Stealth's and say my rig is the equivalent of 1 pair of cables...in that $15k-$20k range...

About every six months, somewhere on the Asylum, is a thread about the benefits or lack there of, of bi-wiring...wow...those get heated...but with our hobby, many things do...anonymity fuels the lack of civility, which is just beyond me...I respectively agree to disagree...leave it at that...

Messing with your friends balance after shot-gunning, is evil and very funny...my sister use to teach sewing to the blind and hear boyfriend taught wood working...one of his more difficult students after staining his project, told him he grabbed the paint and not the stain...he let that simmer over-night, before he told him...now that is evil...

Thank you again...don't be a stranger...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thank you for the kind words...right bact at-cha... - Mark Man 06:38:35 11/28/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.