Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Yep...I get it...We are after all on the Planar Board...

Yes...I agree...I too am fairly long in the tooth Maggie owner and feel for full retail of the 3.7's, $6K there is nothing, that I have heard, in that price range that comes close...

Hence...the used market
Pulsars...MSRP $7K
Thiel's 2.7...MSRP $8k
Vandy Quatro's...MSRP $10K...discontinued...the Quatro Woods, (current model), are MSRP...$12.5K

These are box speakers I have heard and NOT owned, but were noteworthy enough that I liked they way they sounded...I prefer my Maggies MUCH more for all the obvious reasons...but for some God forsaken reason, I could not own Maggies, these would be what I would look into in the same price range...ALL used...

That is why I put the caveat "for the same money you have spent on your Planars or Stats"...it is difficult to come up with a "box" speaker that is even remotely in the same league...IMHO...

This goes back to sonic bang for your buck...great value...

What is the MMG equivalent??? What is the 1.6/1.7 equivalent??? For what used 3.6's are going for...there is NOTHING, IMHO that comes even remotely close...

Yea, this might be an exercise in futility...it is difficult to do...I was just curious what Planar and Stat owners would choose...or could they???

I am getting my answer in just a few replies...
thank you for the response...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yep...I get it...We are after all on the Planar Board... - Mark Man 20:22:32 11/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.