Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Mini Maggies for rear surrounds?

Prior to getting Mini Maggies I used a MMGC as a center channel. I found the MMGC unsatisfactory due to its lack of sufficient low frequency extension. I then added the DWM woofer. Much better, but there was still beaming of the treble; only if you sat in the center did you get the highest frequencies.

I then got a Mini Maggie system and put it in service as a center channel as an experiment. It works, and perhaps it works because I did not separate the two satellites very much. They are a bare 3 feet, center to center, with the DWM woofer tightly in the middle, the entire system below the TV. They anchor the center firmly, even when seated outside the left or right main speakers (which are MMG's, 9 feet apart, center to center). There is no skew.

I've hosted a movie night nearly every Friday for the past five years in my small condo. A dozen friends come and most of them (including me) have to sit outside the centerline. Every one of them is happy with the anchored center-channel sound and the surround-sound experience.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mini Maggies for rear surrounds? - Tubo 10:36:14 11/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.