Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Mini Maggies for rear surrounds?

Ok, gotcha. With the DWM they are a complete package.

Well, unfortunately my room isn't perfect. I'm trying to create an all Magnepan system. However my room doesn't allow for the rather large Magnepan speakers as surrounds.

My option is to either put wall hanging MMGWs on the side walls (not ideal because the seating position is somewhat recessed), or try and find smaller speakers (Mini Maggie system) and put behind the user. However, I see the dilemma with regards to the DWM.

If I were able to put in a rear sub (REL T5/Zero), I wonder if I could then use the Mini Maggies as satellites with the sub providing the low frequencies. Then with the DWM that comes with the Mini Maggie system I would use up front with the CC5...brilliant! :-)

Thoughts on that configuration?

Also, do you think the Mini Maggie system is a better option than the CC5/DWM system up front? It's certainly less expensive (unless I do the latter and split the Mini Maggie system up: Minis for rears and front for DWM), so just wondering how it would sound comparatively.

Thanks for the discussion!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.