Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: anyone have a favorite artist when played through Maggies?

Ay ay ay! GL, I don't have the time for this sort of things these days. What are you doing to me! LOL.

So, there I was trapped in traffic this afternoon. Dead stop, road work in progress... I pulled out the Android tablet thing. I hit the Asylum's bookmark "by accident". You came up first...sayin' "...Chick's acoustic work sounds amazing..." Damn right you are...damn bad timing for me to read this, too. We have salivary glands in our ears, it seems, huh? I suddenly, BADLY, craved for the "My Spanish Heart" album.

The CD is in storage but it was transferred to a hard drive, upsampled to 192/24. Except...the drive was currently offline, along with most of my other music. And people are now staying with us. No freedom to listen at home these day. No time, either.

Bad crave, I'tell ya! I grabbed the phone and called to find whereabouts of wife and the visit. They were out shopping! Yessssss, no one home yet.

FLASHED-drove home as soon as traffic cleared. Reassembled audio PC in no time. Reattached the drive that holds Chick's album. I did have to move several huge and heavy military duffel packs out of the way in our apartment (one of my visitors just returned from active duty in another continent last night). Turned on the system and played Fourplay's "Bali Run" full blast to warm up the gear while I brewed some coffee. Even while I was in the kitchen, the two MMGs ("lightly" modded :-)) delivered a healthy punch and tuneful blast.

With my back still hurting from moving the duffel bags, but ready, I then sat to listen. Starting with the jaw-dropping 3D clarity and rich tonality of cello, piano and hand clapping in "Day Danse", I then mostly played the tracks where the stage-dominating piano enchants mightily with its superb clarity, tone and full-texture harmonics.

Then I let the electronic tracks play for a short while. Just as the acoustic instruments ensemble does, the electronics manage to stay musical while presenting an "imperialistic soundstage". The recording takes over space inside and well outside the walls.

Time was flying. So, I replayed the brief piano segments of "Prelude to El Bozo", then repeated the also short "My Spanish Heart". This, was the grand finale...as far as what I had craved due to YOUR intervention, LOL!

But WAIT...you just punch in "Armando's Rhumba" again as the family arrives. Do jack up that volume knob to full (its a passive pre). Then watch them walk in and start dancing to the irresistible tune. Young folks don't know that they are dancing to a recording from last century. Such is the clarity, which surpasses many modern ones.

So, thanks for bringing Chick Corea's enchanting acoustics up.
(now back to my music-deprived condition...)

Edits: 11/14/14 11/14/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.