Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

HK/Limage pic...

Aku...

Sadie is spot on with how well this set up works, with the right room...scary good...when you get it right, things really open up and virtually snap into focus...

My room is 12'W X 19'-8"L...edge of speakers, (bass panel section), is 11-1/2" from the side walls...6' between the inside edges of the speakers...

Now this is what Sadie was referring to...the speakers are 8'-8" off the front wall...this equates to 43% into the room...from what was posted on this site, (lots of good stuff if you do a search on the HK/Limage set-up on this forum)...for this set up to work well the speakers need to be Minimum of 40% and a Maximum of 60% into the room off the front wall...

This virtually cuts my living room in half as far as usable space...since I am a single dude with no WAF issues it does not bother me in the least...my family thinks I am nuts, duh...and one of neighbors suggested I should buy some Bose speakers, because they are much smaller than my current speakers...well..we just won't go there...

If your room is a rectangle, you have a far-field set-up and don't mind sacrificing 40%+ into your room...this is the way to go...

Hope this helps...
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.