Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

TYVM. I've already purchased new PS caps--Mundorf M-Lytic AGs...

...and will replace the bridge rectifiers with Fairchild Stealth diodes, the PS-series resistors with Mills MRA12s, the 4 small (10uF/25V) 'lytics on the boards with BlackGates, one pair of bindingposts with Cardas CCGRs (and eliminate the other), one RCA per amp with Furutech FP-901(R)s (and eliminate the other), try to figure out the input wiring to be rid of the XLR connectors and pin jumpers, and I'll improve some wiring while doing this work. Will also add BlackGate FK 2200/35 bypasses to the 4 powersupply poles on the boards and also add SoniCap Platinum 0.47s PS bypasses on the boards.

On the Super-7s, I'll replace the treble-series cap with a huge 10uF composite SoniCap Platinum and the MR-series choke with a Goertz copperfoil inductor. Also will hardwire the speakercable into the x-over, thereby eliminating one set of mechanical-and-solder connections.

...all little by little since the amps are light and carriable (while vacuumtubed 55Watt amps are almost-no-longer-carriable by me) and the speakers' x-overs are right there in front of me.

Edits: 06/12/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • TYVM. I've already purchased new PS caps--Mundorf M-Lytic AGs... - jeffreybehr 00:30:32 11/07/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.